Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Wisconsin Weekend . . .


A quick post before heading to bed tonight after an amazing weekend back in America's dairyland.

After settling into a seat on my 6:30 a.m. flight Saturday morning, I promptly fell asleep for an hour or two of extra zzzzz's before landing in Minneapolis and then catching my flight to Madison, WISCONSIN!  After that, my day was a blur of bachelorette party preparation and festivities (most of which are far from appropriate for documentation here) for one of the most fabulous friends I know!  :)

Sunday was spent with my family and a few dear friends wandering around UW's terrace, State Street, Wisconsin's Capitol, and the places my family has come to love in the last 6 years since my brother and I both moved to Madison for our bachelors and masters degrees, respectively - such a great way to enjoy Father's Day with such a great dad and an incredible man!

The door to the office where my brother works inside of the Wisconsin State Capitol, inscribed with "Wisconsin" in the knob.  I've spent an awful lot of time thinking of him as forever my little brother, but
Sunday afternoon left me more than just a little bit impressed!
After a weekend overflowing with so much fun, probably not enough sleep, and way too many Wisconsin cheesecurds (and probably a few too many old-fashioneds), I am feeling reconnected to the people I love, but see far too infrequently...and I'm looking forward to a few fun workouts and some much needed (and overdue) healthy eating this week!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
 - Marcel Proust, French novelist
#wisconsinlove


No comments:

Post a Comment