Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Monsoon Season

It is apparently monsoon season in DC - who knew!?

I survived last night's storms - but will admit during my evening commute, I worried poor little Button (my little, itty-bitty, absolutely adorable Toyota Yaris for the less familiar readers) wasn't going to make it through the puddles that were swelling to pond-like proportions along Mass Ave...I absolutely lacked the energy (and finances) for an accidental adventure of the "flooded car" variety.

April showers bring May flowers - last night's rain proved it true with a 12 hour turnaround on the flower side of the expression, and in June no less.  :)  I awoke to my marigolds in full bloom this morning outside my bathroom window.

I've been promised by my parents that marigolds are good starter-plants for those with a less-than-green-thumb.

The yellow and gold greeting me in the window this morning suggests I'm off to a good start.


#bathroomwindowgarden #cityliving #dupontcircle #summerindc

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and today's respite from the rain with a few friends from work during an outdoor Zumba class in Silver Spring!  Stories (and undoubtedly a good degree of laughter) to follow, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment