Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Getting Started...

I've never written a blog before...and so I suppose I'm not quite sure
where to start.  Perhaps a good portion of my inspiration for embarking on
this task of documenting the ins-and-outs of my often
not-very-entertaining-life was fueled by the anticipation of a few
potential upcoming adventures, which will ideally add to the
entertainment quotient for anyone reading.  I am hopeful this will
provide a forum to share my successes and shortcomings with family and
friends spread across time-zones and from east to west coast, with a
large concentration centered somehwere near home-sweet-home,
Wisconsin.

In my life, I have been blessed with more support and love from family
and friends than I think some people ever know...I hope in my
adventures and their recordings, I am able to share what that love and
support allow me and push me to do and to express my gratitude,
infused into anectodal stories of my day-to-day and sprinkled with
bits of humor.

In the last year and a half, I have encountered worry and heartache in my family
and with friends that I never could have imagined.  In this same space
of time, my life has become increasingly filled with an enthusiasm and
confidence in taking on adventure...inspired at least in part by the
difficult moments and what I have learned from both casual
acquaintances and lifetime friends and family.  I feel almost a bit
like a different person.  Or perhaps more accurately, I am starting to
feel like the person that just a few years ago I very much wanted to
be, but didn't know how to be.  Once upon a time, the adventures and
challenges that I am now running towards felt inaccessible.  I doubted my
ability, my knowledge, my skills.  The truth is, although I've grown
in many ways, it is also fair to note that in other ways I'm not
necessarily anymore able, skilled, or knowledgeable than I was...I'm
just a lot more comfortable with failing.  And with that comfort have
come not only moments of failure, but also success.  Here is to hoping
for more of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment